Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Review: Colors by Thierry Laval

I know I just posted a book review yesterday, but when I saw Juniper's expression over the board book Colors by Thierry Laval, I just had to tell you about it.

Image retrieved from here


This morning Juni and I walked to the public library. Even though I was tired from walking almost 4 miles, it felt good to be outside. Today was in the mid 60s so it was perfect for enjoying the season and getting a little bit of exercise. I also love giving Juniper a change of scenery and she loves being outside.

While we were at the library, I found some concept board books that I thought Juniper would like. I had no idea just how much she would love Colors. I wish I had taken pictures of her first reaction to it because as I lifted the flap to reveal a picture underneath her mouth turned into a perfect O...for every single page. It was magical.

Image retrieved from here

My only issue with the book is that rabbit you see up there. Are rabbits really orange?? Maybe all those carrots gave him an orange hue? Whatever.

In any case, I am seriously considering buying this book so Juniper can continue to enjoy it. I love that each page is a mystery - as you can see on the right, the text is "White like..." and when you lift the flap there is a polar bear. The pictures were always a surprise, even to me. For instance, the color blue is like a rather strange looking mermaid. Surprises like that make this a fun read for the adult too instead of mind-numbing (come on, we've all been there).

If you have a little one who is curious and learning colors you should give this one a try. I think you'll both like it.

Here are a few pictures from our 3rd (or was it 4th) read through.




xo,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

tokyotuesday said...

This looks like a great book! I'm definitely going to look into it for my nieces.