Thursday, October 10, 2013

Review: Rainbow People Mover

Last year for Christmas, Forrest and I decided to only get Juniper 3 gifts. Our goal was to find some quality toys that she would love and that would last. Sometimes quality means expensive, which is why we limited it to 3. 

So for Juniper's first birthday we wanted to follow the same approach for purchasing a gift. I did some research (always a librarian) about the best types of toys for a one-year-old and I found this toy, the Rainbow People Mover. The company, North Star Toys, is family owned and all the toys are non-toxic, simple and affordable. 





When the package arrived, I wanted to give it to Juniper right away! The packaging was so sweet, and they even included a handwritten note thanking me for my purchase.


We were not disappointed by her reaction and ongoing enthusiasm for this toy.

(Yes, I waited to give her the present until her birthday.)


She got busy with it right away.



What I love about this toy is that it is simple and allows her to be creative and imaginative. I also love that the colors are bold and bright and that she can learn how to put the people back into the car.  That takes coordination!


We are still working on that last one. She loves to take the people OUT of the car and has only put them back in maybe once or twice.



She has not been interested in pushing the car around, but I actually kind of love that. I think this toy will continue to fascinate her because she can discover all the myriad of ways she can play with it.







She is always sharing. I love that.





She was so intent on holding two in the same hand.









My parents also got her this boat, teething toy and giraffe. She loves all of them, especially the boat for bath time.

North Star Toys did not ask me to endorse their product. I just love the stuff they make and wanted to share it with you.

No comments: