Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Drips & Trips

Seems like everything is leaking over here. And by everything I mean the sky and Juniper's nose. While I love a rainy day, I do not particularly care for a drippy nose especially when our holiday trip to Colorado is right around the corner.

Whenever we take a trip I tend to go overboard with the planning and preparation. For example, we leave on Friday so this is what my week looks like...

Monday - Laundry
Tuesday - Grocery shop
Wednesday - Clean house & car
Thursday - Pack & prepare snacks

I don't know about you, but when I travel I like to snack... a lot. Since we are trying to make healthy choices, I didn't want the car to be an excuse to eat Oreos and Cheez-Its. I found a lot of great ideas from the website, 100 Days of Real Food and then some ideas that are variations of what we eat everyday. Here is a list of what we'll be munching on from Idaho to Colorado!

Cheese & Triscuits (did you know there are just a handful of ingredients in Triscuits??)
Grapes
Apples
Bananas
Carrot Sticks
Peanut Butter
Homemade Granola
Nuts
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies (our sweet tooth indulgence!)
Roast beef sandwiches
La Croix

There you have it! What are some of your travel go-to snacks? I'd love to hear.

My kitchen helpers (ha)



Because everything is better in a jar


PS - The posts might be a little more infrequent over the next two weeks. Keep checking back though because I'll be posting some Christmas gift ideas that I think you'll love. xo

1 comment:

tokyotuesday said...

Fun fun fun!! Thanksgiving trip!
I'm with you on planning things out before a big trip. But I can't imagine doing it all with a baby and a dog. Kudos to you.
My trip snack standards are similar to yours but also include Japanese things like onigiri (rice balls) with salmon flakes & sesame seeds, rice crackers etc.
PS-everything DOES look better in a jar! Your cookies look amazing and I think I need to bake some pronto!