Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It's that time again...

Remember that time I took a two and a half month break from blogging?

Yeah, me too.

It's not that I didn't think about it. I had plenty of ideas to write about, but I just lacked the...energy. I kept feeling like the first post back needed to be monumental in order to make up for all the weeks I'd been away.

Meh, I've given up on that idea and instead am just going to tell you about what's going on right now.

Today is Fat Tuesday which means tomorrow officially starts the Lent season.

To be honest, I love this season. I love the struggle of giving something up, the inevitable quiet that happens in my physical and emotional space. It is a sacred time, a time of remembering.

Last year I gave up makeup, and it was quite the challenge! This year I am giving up all social media. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will not see me and I'll not see them for the next forty days. I'm nervous, it's true. I look at social media in my down time (and my busy time) as a way to relax and check out. Without it, well...lets just say that I'm hoping to embrace more of the quiet I mentioned earlier. I'll be posting here regularly (I hope!) to let you know how it's going.

Are you participating in Lent this year? I'd love to hear what you're giving up or adding!

xo


1 comment:

cheri said...

How is it going? I find your choices compelling actually. Makeup makes us feel ready to face the world. Covering up the imperfections we see. Media keeps us connected, entertained and in a sense covers up our imperfections. We can post the high spots of the day proclaiming we live a perfect life. Both of your choices cut to the core of your everyday life. Moving to a new town and trying to find your bearings makes "media" as personally hard as no makeup. Those who have ruddy skin will never understand that. (Smile) In fact, no media right now is even harder. I'm praying for you as you find your contentment in the One who died for you. Who loves you beyond all measure. I'm also proud of you. You are a brave soul.